Thursday, September 4, 2014

The little things from my trip to Dragon*con

Things I could have done without: the practically naked cosplayers (male & females), Dr. Who tattoos, Off-the-rack T.A.R.D.I.S dresses, Deadpool cosplay (unless it was a kid or gender swap), black girls cosplaying as Storm, Fezzes, Batman t-shirts (of which I was an offender), and generic Triforce Tee-shirts.

Things I enjoyed seeing In abundance for the first time: Beautiful women of color, ladies in STOS dresses, and families cosplaying together.

One of the downsides of the crazy high number of attendees was the elevators taking forever.  During one of my waits I managed to see a toddler attempt to use a sonic screwdriver to open the doors.  She’s going to go far in life.
 
Alien (from the franchise) and zombie cosplay creep me out, but in a good way.

I wish I had the confidence some of those people had in their costumes.

I enjoyed the Walk of Fame, which was the location where many prominent Sci-Fi/Fantasy actors and actresses were available for conversations and pictures.  Although the pictures weren’t in the budget (Patrick Stewart’s asking price was $75 per photo), I was glad to see most of the actors looked like themselves in real life.

Once again, when parking at the train station I heard the automated “Welcome to Marta” message as “Welcome to Mordor”.

I really enjoyed catching my first Fans for Christ geek church service.  As the young lady in the row in front of me stated "When I come here I can say 'Ah, my people!' and then after three days of boobs and devil horns I can say 'Ah, my people, people'".

I hate that I missed the opportunity to get photos of the person who did Groot as well as a few of the AoT cosplayers.

I find it interesting that in the vendor’s section the handmade stuff was cheaper than the Amazon merchandise.

Geek couples are all about PDA (I know you have a room, but take it there, please).

The peak moment had to be watching the season finale of Falling Skies with one of the principal actors from the show.  We even got to see him do a magic trick later.

I never thought I’d want to get into a dance battle with a dinosaur (this took place at an exhibit, and you kind of had to be there)

No comments:

Post a Comment